- A non-refundable 25% deposit is due upon booking and calculated on the cost of the expedition
- A second deposit of 25% of the expedition price is due 180 days prior to departure
- The remaining balance is due and must be paid in full at least 120 days prior to departure
- An email invoice should be sent at each installment alerting the clients who have not paid that payment is due
- A client that has not paid in full will not be eligible to join a Focus Expedition
Client Expedition Cancellation & Refund Policies
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ALL CLIENTS PURCHASE EXPEDITION INSURANCE to cover for unexpected cancellation reasons, sickness or inability to travel during the designated dates of the Recommended insurance companies can be found on our website.
- In order for a client to cancel their participation on a trip we must be notified, via email (at firstname.lastname@example.org). The below-mentioned penalties will be applied and computed as of the date of receipt of the written cancellation. If a participant needs to cancel via email, it is their responsibility to follow up and confirm that we received their cancellation request.
- The 25% deposit is non refundable, except in extreme circumstances (such as death).
- If the second payment of 25% of expedition price has been received by the 180 day prior-to-departure date it is fully refundable until 179 days prior to departure. Thereafter it becomes nonrefundable.
- If the remaining 50% of expedition price has been received by the 120 day prior-to-departure date it is fully refundable until 119 days prior to departure. Thereafter it becomes nonrefundable.
- No refunds are given within 119 days or less of the departure date.
- On expeditions tipping will be included on behalf of our clients unless otherwise stated. This will include tipping of guides, drivers, porters and servers in restaurants.
Single Supplements and Double Occupancy
All prices quoted are based on double occupancy. A single supplement (detailed in each individual itinerary) will be charged to participants who specifically request a single accommodation subject to availability. Single travelers who are willing to share with another single traveler (of the same gender) will not be charged a single supplement, subject to the availability of a roommate. However if a roommate is unavailable to share accommodations,then the full single supplement fee will be charged.
Defaulting on a Scheduled Payment
If a scheduled payment is not able to be met by a client or not paid on time then the reservation will be at risk of being forfeited. A client that has missed a payment or is unable to make a future payment is responsible for contacting Focus Expedition and requesting a payment extension. Each case will be evaluated independently and a solution will be determined at the discretion of the Focus Expeditions leader.